AOL, a free web-based email service used by millions of customers in all over the world. Talking about the popularity and the ease it provides to their customers, every second or third person is using their services. This web-based email service is best known for its exceptional features which include unlimited storage capacity, spam protections, virus protection, double layer security, maximum email attachment limits and a lot more. The best part about this email service is that one can add several other email accounts to this which saves your previous time and effort. With this feature, the user needs not jump out from one website to another as they can perform multiple tasks there.
With the help of the quick bar section, you can send an email with attaching documents to it. AOL is also called AIM which stands for AOL instant messenger. So never get confused if someone refers it by calling from this name. Want to get a guide that can help you to reset AOL password, read the steps below and recover AOL password.
Create an AOL Mail Account
Creating an account on AOL is a no big deal it only takes a few minutes. Once you create an account on it, you will get a complete access to send and receive mails. Just by using your email and the confidential password, you can login into your account and can access it from anywhere you want. Just with the accessibility of the internet, you can use it anytime and from anywhere.
In case, if you forgot the Password of AOL Account, you can change it or can reset it by following few mentioned steps.
- Visit Aol.com
- Sign in screen will appear on your device.
- Just under the password box, you will see a “Forget Password” where you will see a link.
- Click on it.
- Now, provide the registered email ID in the box displayed
- Hit “Next” button.
- Now, a screen will appear which will ask you to verify this account. They will check it if the email ID belongs to you or not?
- Choose any of the listed option there. The listed option will be like:-
- Reset AOL mail password using the recovery email
- Reset AOL mail password by verifying the payment info
- Reset AOL mail password using the text or call option
- Reset AOL mail password using another verification option
- You can opt for any of the displayed option and can proceed.
However, if you have not updated your personal information there, they may ask you yo update it by completing the information. Fill the required information such as your name, age, etc. Now, we have elaborate each and every options of AOL password recovery. Just follow the given instructions and apply it same there.
Reset Using the Text or Call Option
- You can provide the recover phone number which you have entered at the sign up time.
- Now, click on the Next button.
- You can choose from text or call option
- Once you choose any such option, you will get a code via call or via text.
- Enter the code received
- Click next
- Proceed to set the new password
Reset using Recovery Email
- Click on it and receive a password recovery email on your AOL recovery email ID.
- Click to the Close button
- Now, you need to sign in to your recovery email ID
- Check your email. You would have received an email with subject “Request to reset your password”.
- Open the mail and hit the Reset password button.
- You can even copy the link and can paste the link into the web browser.
- Now, a page will appear with the option of resetting your password
- Enter the new strong password and click on Save.
Reset Using another Verification Option
- Click on the option of “Try another verification option”
- Now, you will see an option of click another security question.
- Now, verify your profile information
- Enter all the information and click on Save button.
Reset Using by Verifying Payment Option
- Click on “Verify Payment Information”
- You need to enter all the payment information in the required fields
- Click on the Next button.
- Enter your new password
- Click Save
By following any of the listed option, one can request their new password and can set it without any hassle. There are a few of key point that you need to keep in your mind while requesting for the new password. The key points are:
- Secure your password with minimum 8 and 16 strong characters.
- Do not forget to use at least one upper and one lowercase letter.
- Use at least one number and one special character in it.
- Remember, your AOL mail password should always be strong as it is always case-sensitive
Now, you are done to use your AOL email again. We hope that the information was useful and you will apply it for AOL Mail Password Reset or Recovery. For any instant support or any kind of technical help, connect to the AOL support team and get your issue resolved.