At present, AOL is a famed or reputed mail service in the market because of its advanced email services. But sometimes, clients face some barriers in their email service while sending and receiving any mail. In such situations, we will suggest user to reset AOL Mail IMAP to a perfect emailing from other accounts. A user uses their AOL Mail to respond in any compatible email user by using AOL account details. But if you have got any issue with this process, you need to go AOL Mail IMAP server settings to access AOL Mails on other servers as- Outlook, Mac Mail, Windows 10 Mail, Thunderbird, and Incredimail. AOL support will suggest you for IMAP setting in your AOL email account.
Some Specific Features Unavailable From Other Mail software: –
When you access AOL Mail from another email program then some features aren’t available on your email service,
some of them are given below.
- Message Status: You will not receive unread mail from AOL users, and you will not be able to check the status of a delivering mail.
- Spam: You will not be able to access the “Report Spam” button. To shift an email as spam, you need to go the email user Spam folder or Junk folder.
- Deleted mail: Some email software does not show the removed mails. Some of them show deleted email in the main folder but marked for removal.
Know How to Set-up the AOL Mail IMAP Settings:-
If you want to know regarding a manual set-up for your AOL Mail IMAP Settings, then go “Manual setup” section.
- Go to “General Settings,” check the all entered details in General Settings fields is this correct. If you see all are fine, then select “OK” to exit from this section.
- Select Incoming Server option and then choose IMAP.
- Now, enter IMAP server in “imap.aol.com or imap.aim.com.”
- Now, recheck your network connection and Verify it’s okay.
- Now, enter the port number- 993 (or 143)
- Now, enter your username and try to fill complete email address including the @aol.com or aim.com, enter your AOL/AIM password.
- After that, click on the “OK” button.
- Now, the clock on the “Outgoing Server.”
- Then, enter the outgoing IMAP server – smtp.aol.com or smtp.aim.com
- Now, check the use secure connection and verify it, enter Port number- 465 (or 587) Currently, no IMAP path is pending to fix.
- Now, enter your Username or complete email address including the @aol.com or aim.com, if already displayed
- Then, enter your AOL/AIM Password, if already posted.
- Then, click on the “OK” button.
- Now, click on the “Other Settings” option.
- Now, select the date range of mail to be pulled to phone example- 1 week old, two weeks, one month, two months, Never Delete Message, click on the “OK” button.
- At last again, click on the “OK” to submit AOL/AIM set-up or changes.
- Now, wait for few seconds and then restart your system and email.
Now you have completed all the process to set-up AOL Mail IMAP, but still, if you get any issue with it, then you can take support from the AOL certified team by AOL customer support or service number.
Know About the Setup AOL as a POP3 Account: –
If you are trying to set-up your AOL as a pop account then the below-given steps will help you.
- First of all, go to General Settings, verify the all information in the General Settings fields is okay (If all data are correct) then select OK to exit from this menu.
- Now, select Incoming Server, select POP Mail Server.
- Now, enter POP3 server on “pop.aol.com.”
- Now, check MILESTONE X2.
- Now, wait few a minutes, restart your email service.
If you have any other query related to your AOL email service, then you can ask every issue from AOL Customer Support. The AOL technician will give you the best suggestion for your all AOL related issue. So, no need to to take stress for your AOL problems, you can get relief by making a call on AOL toll-free number, it’s a free helpline service for the AOL users. For more details visit AOL Mail Support.